Sorry friends, no favorites this week. I can only give you these few facts on the three drivers that are contending for the championship in the spectacular finale of the Peak Antifreeze Indy 300 (presented by Mr Clean, too) on Sunday.
Tony Kanaan has won twice times on 1.5-mile ovals this season and has four career wins on 1.5 mile ovals.
Scott Dixon's only win on a 1.5-mile oval was at Homestead-Miami Speedway in 2003.
Dario Franchitti has yet to win on a 1.5-mile oval. Ever.
Dixon has earned all of 5 more points than Franchitti on 1.5 mile ovals in 2007.
Kanaan has earned 188 points on 1.5 mile ovals in 2007 (26 more than Dixon and 31 more than Franchitti).
Starting the first three rows:
1. (27) Dario Franchitti, Dallara-Honda, 214.646
2. (6) Sam Hornish Jr., Dallara-Honda, 214.492
3. (3) Helio Castroneves, Dallara-Honda, 214.380
4. (11) Tony Kanaan, Dallara-Honda, 214.310
5. (10) Dan Wheldon, Dallara-Honda, 214.246
6. (9) Scott Dixon, Dallara-Honda, 214.217
Check out those speeds - they're all within a tenth of a second on lap times. Oh, and this too just for fun.
13. (60) Hideki Mutoh, Dallara-Honda, 212.234
I'm. So. Ready. See you at MoneyCJ's place at FastMachines for the LiveBlog.
Is Drama-Filled Always A Good Thing? - Drama is an interesting topic. Sometimes it’s desired and needed, while other times it is the last thing you want. If you’ve raised teenagers like I have, ...
4 hours ago