Cavin commends the word butchers

Posted by Iannucci | 9/25/2008 | 8 comments »
Bookmark and Share

From today’s Ask the Expert, alarmingly entitled “On Australia, Pressdog and others”.

Question: Not that you need the info or anything, but I was wondering if you ever go to any of the other IndyCar blogs or sites, like Isitmayyet, mynameisirl, 16thandgeorgetown or pressdog? (John, Indianapolis)

Answer: I do not regularly visit these sites, but I have on occasion. A friend of mine is a fan of mynameisirl and pressdog, so I look at them once in a while. They're all entertaining and good for the sport. The people who do the work are to be commended. Pressdog, for one, attends several races and from what I've seen works his tail off for his readers.
Indeed the ‘dog does work his tail off, and on his own dime no less. Big hug for giving us ink, Curt, even though you admittedly don’t “regularly visit these sites”. Ahem.

Oh, and thanks to "John in Indianapolis". The checks in the mail, friend.

8 comments

1. Billy Coy // September 25, 2008 11:31 AM

"I do not regularly visit these sites, but I have on occasion. A friend of mine is a fan "

that sounds like what I tell my wife about some of web sites I go to.

2. pressdog // September 25, 2008 1:11 PM

** wiping manly tears **

3. Bash // September 25, 2008 1:40 PM

Glad to see you two get ink. I talk up your blogs whenever I come into contact with race fans (or the odd motor sports journo) because I value the work you do. I only occasionally write about the league on my own blog, and it really takes a lot of time to fact check, consider other angles, etc. That's why I only do it every once in a while - it's a lot of work! For you two to do this regualrly when you're not sportwriters by trade is a clear labor of love. May the genuine kudos of your readers always ring in your ears - we benefit from the info, grins, giggles and belly laughs, the different points of view and the community that forms around these blogs. THANKS for doing this.

4. The Duke // September 25, 2008 1:57 PM

until the bastard says he listens to LiveFastRacing I don't care!! :D

Major props to you guys

5. yaumb // September 25, 2008 2:15 PM

Cripes. I brought Cavin all those snacks in the media center and yet not a word for me... yet one curious fan writes in to the Star and you and 'Dog get lionized like conquering heroes. I'll have to rethink my bribing policy.

Well done, Nooch. Can I call you "Nooch"? :)

6. meeshbeer // September 25, 2008 3:50 PM

LOL Yaumb! I sat across from the man at Watkins Glen, and chatted with him at at least 2 other races...heck I even showed him pics I took of him and a few folks he was interviewing. (His response was just to look at me confused and frightened. bwahaha!)

As some who "occasionally" checks out the aforementioned blogs, I wholeheartedly concur with Cavin's conclusion.

Honored to know you gentlemen.

(come on Yaumb, let's us go have a "we don't rate" pity party and booze it up)

7. Dale Nixon // September 25, 2008 4:47 PM

With the precipitous drop in print media circulation, you will both be standing in the same line at the meat counter.

8. Carrie // September 25, 2008 6:41 PM

LOL I read that and was like, hey, I read those guys! Awesome job guys. The most press any of my sites/sites I'm associated with have gotten was a shout out in ESPN: The Mag in an article about Chad Knaus.