Now THIS is efficiency. In answering a question today the intrepid Curt Cavin dropped at least five new storylines - all in a single paragraph.
Question: I've heard rumors that Milka Duno has signed with D&R again to do ovals while Darren Manning handles road and street courses. Can you confirm this? Also what is the chance of Dale Coyne rolling out a second car from Indy on out and what happened to Tomas Shecckter? I thought he had some money lined up. (Chris, Scottsburg, Ind.)Let's recap:
Answer: Dennis Reinbold told me that Milka has not signed, but they are hoping she will for nine to 11 races this season. He was happy with the job Darren Manning did for the team, and Darren is expected to be at Long Beach and probably other races. As for Coyne, he's trying for a second car. As for Scheckter, Team 3G co-owner Greg Beck told me they expect to run him in Long Beach but the money has not yet been received. As we all should know by now, nothing is a done deal until checks clear. One more bit of information: Scott Sharp was trying to put together a deal with Panther Racing for Indy, but talks have apparently broke off.
(MORE from Ask The Expert)
1. Milka not signed, but is possibly returning to D&R.
2. Darren Manning is now expected to be at Long Beach for D&R.
3. Dale Coyne still trying for second car (presumably for Bruno Junqueira).
4. Tomas Scheckter still not confirmed for Team 3G.
5. Scott Sharp is trying to get to Indy, possibly with Panther Racing.
Holy mother of Cronkite!