Pink Nightmare

Posted by Iannucci | 7/13/2007 | 7 comments »
Bookmark and Share

Looks like we may soon need to eliminate the phrase "bleeding the brakes" from our motorsports vocabulary. From TrackSideOnline:

When watching the race, don't forget that Scott Dixon's car is dark blue this weekend as he carries Energizer colors. The business pages are reporting that Engergizer will purchase Playtex in the near future. We're sure the Target Ganassi folks will exploit there new connection for access to new product lines and associate sponsors for the race teams. Can't wait to see the special paint jobs next year.

1. Jennifer of Dog.Yarn.Knit. // July 13, 2007 10:10 AM

If you had to go through it you wouldn't make jokes about it.

I can't belive such a company has taken the opportunity to sponsor a female driver. Couldn't you see one of them driving a sweet black and hot pink Victoria's Secret car?

2. Carrie // July 13, 2007 11:14 AM

Ugh, Jeff. Just... ugh. *shakes head*

And the irony is not lost on me that the first three letters of my word verification are GYN.

3. Jeff Iannucci // July 13, 2007 11:36 AM

I can see the women are killing me over this. Geez, it's not like I said "the car will be driven by Scott's special friend" or "the car only gets revved up once a month."

Come on, it's not like I'm Ed Carpenter over here.

Seriously though - the Victoria's Secret car, eh, I dunno. I mean, let's say the car is driven by Kanaan. Do we need that mental image?

4. The American Mutt // July 13, 2007 11:40 AM

We didn't need that mental image, but thanks to you suggesting it, some of us involuntarily have it....dick.

5. Jahuti Rhys // July 13, 2007 4:24 PM

Outside of that truly disgusting Tony Kanaan comment, perhaps we can match drivers to products.
    Lessee.. Danica! for Victoria's Secret, perhaps Betty Crocker for Sarah Fisher..
    I won't touch the Playtex products with a ten-foot pole..
    Anybody else?

6. Bash // July 14, 2007 8:44 AM

Playtex makes bras...why not for cars? :)

7. Anonymous // July 17, 2007 11:03 AM

no kidding, no lie- Look on Dixon's regular car.... they are already sponsored by Stayfree....