Time to go to Indy

Posted by Iannucci | 5/22/2008 | 9 comments »
Bookmark and Share

Today your humble host, along with P1 and P2, are leaving on a jet plane for some genuine IndyCar excitement. Although we'll be assuming our seats in the Southwest Vista on race day, Carb Day will be spent walking all over the place.

If you want to say "Hi" I'm the guy in the yellow shirt (no whistle) bearing this logo, which obviously breaks more than a few trademark laws.

See you at The Speedway, or the Burger Bash.

9 comments

1. Jennifer of Dog.Yarn.Knit. // May 22, 2008 6:34 AM

That logo is awesome!

John G & I are leaving in a rented Chevy Colbalt this morning. See y'all there!

2. Dale Nixon // May 22, 2008 6:48 AM

As Tom Hnatiw might say "we NEED a shirt like that!"

Alas, I couldn't get a flight out until late tomorrow afternoon, but plan to make up for it when I get there...

3. Billy Coy // May 22, 2008 9:39 AM

see you all at the Muh "n" Bun

and I think someone is buying beer tomorrow but I don't remember who it was

4. faniqeric // May 22, 2008 9:58 AM

I'll be in by Friday afternoon hopefully. As of now, I'm intending on going to Burger Bash that evening. I'll be wearing a white FanIQ.com shirt. Hope to see everybody there.

5. Bash // May 22, 2008 1:19 PM

Landed today. alamo upgraded me to a burnt orange Mustang, so I'll be the one who gets there first. :p Hair's darker red now, and just below chin length. If it gets warm enough to shed my san francisco giants jacket, my black shirt will read Got Freak? a la Speed Freaks. black and orange backpack and camera bag. I'm not tall. C ya there!

6. John Edward // May 22, 2008 1:58 PM

I'm gonna try to be there... depends how the parental until does tonight... this whole Alzheimer's thing is a lot harder to deal with than I ever thought.... Just one day at a time...

7. llilly // May 22, 2008 6:33 PM

We're leaving after work Friday. Nothing like sitting in traffic idling on $4.15 a gallon gas, though.

8. mmack // May 23, 2008 6:00 AM

Already down in Indianapolis (Lapped the track on Community Day BEFORE we went to our hotel), and will be stalking our site host on Carb Day. >:^P

9. DavidL // May 24, 2008 5:47 AM

The "Bash" was pretty neat. You picked a good location. The shakes were unique as well as tasty. This can be a very good annual thing.